HISTORY OF IMMANUEL CHURCH
Immanuel is a mid-sized church, in Ripon, California. Ripon is located in California’s Central Valley, near both Sacramento and the Bay Area. Immanuel is a member of the Christian Reformed Denomination.
Immanuel was founded in 1946 by a group of Dutch immigrants looking to establish a new congregation apart from its mother church. The church has grown with the city of Ripon, while maintaining deep roots within the community. Today, Immanuel is a church of around 400 members.
What is the Christian Reformed Denomination?
The Christian Reformed Denomination is a diverse family of healthy congregations, assemblies, and ministries expressing the good news of God’s kingdom that transforms lives and communities worldwide.
Mission of the Christian Reformed Denomination
As people called by God,
- We gather to praise God, listen to him, and respond.
- We nurture each other in faith and obedience to Christ.
- We love and care for one another as God's people.
- We commit ourselves to serve and to tell others about Jesus.
- We pursue God's justice and peace in every area of life.
NOTE: Information on this page was gathered from the Christian Reformed Church in North America website. http://www.crcna.org